Saturday, September 27, 2008

Greetings to Newcomers, and the Rules 'Round Here

Come one, come to all, to see the opinions that normally stay locked inside my crazy little head! In case you didn't know, this is a place of music evaluation, and all posts created by me will be devoted to reviews of music albums or editorials on the state of the music industry. Sounds fun enough, yes? And you can help!

How, you ask? By giving me things to talk about, of course! If you have a particular nagging desire to see me ridicule (or, on the off chance, praise) one of your favorite albums, or if you have a real stinker you want me to verbally thrash, then let me know! Just post a comment on one of my latest reviews or on this very post, and I'll be sure to find it and take your recommendation to heart. It helps me, it helps you, it helps stop global warming (sorta), everyone wins!


So here's how said reviews will work: I will post an evaluation of an album I listened to on a roughly weekly basis, unless otherwise noted in a post. These reviews will contain specific information regarding each album, and then a in-depth discussion of them. You may notice my reviews don't carry scores; this is because a score-keeping system inevitably leads to numerous conflicts between both my own record-keeping and my viewers, and because opinions are far too complex to represent through simple numbers. Needless to say, if you want to know whether or not to give the album a listen, you may have to read the actual review (or, ya know, the last paragraph).

And that's about it. Let the exploration into unrestricted musical pessimism begin!

No comments: